Gizmodo‘s attempt to reveal Donald Trump’s administration ineptitude when it comes to cybersecurity fails to impress. Mac users are warned that the HandBrake DVD-ripping app has been compromised by malware. And will the US Army insist IT security professionals spend months ironing their bedsheets..?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Paul Ducklin from Sophos.
- Here’s How Easy It Is to Get Trump Officials to Click on a Fake Link in Email – Gizmodo.
- Opinion: Some thoughts about Gizmodo’s Phishing story – CSO Online.
- Mac video app HandBrake – now with free spyware – Naked Security.
- OS X malware spread via signed Transmission app… again – Graham Cluley.
- DOD’s new Internet strategy boosts role in defending “US interests” – Ars Technica.
Subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes – it really helps!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.