Blackmailers are threatening to infect your family with Coronavirus, trolls are making Zoom an unsafe place for those of a sensitive disposition, and what is the mysterious Dr Negrin audio message spreading on WhatsApp?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist Geoff White.
Geoff White – @GeoffWhite247
- "Stay home and help flatten the curve!" — Tweet by Pornhub.
- ‘Dirty little secret’ extortion email threatens to give your family coronavirus — Naked Security.
- Google Assistant calling the hairdresser for an appointment — YouTube.
- Geoff White tweets about the "Dr Negrin" audio message. — Twitter.
- Priest in Italy live streams mass, activates filters by mistake — Reddit.
- Beware of ‘ZoomBombing:’ screensharing filth to video calls — TechCrunch.
- ‘Zoombombing’: When Video Conferences Go Wrong — The New York Times.
- How to prevent your Zoom meetings being Zoom-bombed (gate-crashed) by trolls — ZDNet.
- Students Are Targeting Zoom and Classroom With Bad Reviews To End Homework During Coronavirus Outbreak — Newsweek.
- MS-DOS Games you can play in your browser — The Internet Archive.
- Humbug by Graham Cluley — The Internet Archive.
- A New Map of Wonders: A Journey in Search of Modern Marvels — Amazon.com.
- Revolution [8 Bit Tribute to The Beatles] — YouTube.
- 8 Bit Universe — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.