Graham finds himself in hot water with a security firm after a data breach, Carole discusses credit card fraud, and we have a pleasant surprise for Thom Langford, who appears to have mostly agreed to be a guest to promote his own podcast.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Thom Langford.
And don’t miss our featured interview with Robbie O’Brien of MetaCompliance, all about the new book he’s written – Cyber Security Awareness for Dummies.
Thom Langford – @thomlangford
- Security firm leaves more than five billion records exposed on unsecured database — Graham Cluley.
- "Following a legal threat from ███████ ████ I have removed their name from this article on my site…" — Graham Cluley on Twitter.
- Keepnet Labs confirms contractor exposed 'data breach database' of 5 billion records — Verdict.
- Public Statement in Relation to Data Briefly Exposed on an ElasticSearch Database — Keepnet Labs.
- After threatening me with legal action, Keepnet Labs finally issues statement over data breach — Graham Cluley.
- Goodbye Naked Security? — Graham Cluley.
- US Military Could Lose Space Force Trademark to Netflix Series — CBR.
- Space Force review: astonishingly bad show — The Verge.
- The number of credit card scams continues to soar during the pandemic — Verdict.
- Pandemic Brings Huge Increases In Card Fraud And Mobile Banking — Forbes.
- Credit Card Fraud During the Pandemic — Consumer Reports.
- Credit Card Fraud — Advice from the FBI.
- How to Reduce Credit Card Fraud — The New York Times.
- Ian's Shoelace Site – Introduction
- Magnet – Window manager for Mac.
- The Host Unknown Podcast.
- DEVS — BBC iPlayer.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.