Watch out for Santas wearing hoodies! A rogue employee takes down WebEx for thousands of people, and Apple forces apps to show a privacy health warning.
All this and much much more is discussed in the final episode of the “Smashing Security” podcast for 2020, with computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
And don’t miss our special featured interview with Kroll’s Mari DeGrazia.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Smashing Security Christmas Party live stream! — YouTube.
- Engineer admits he wiped 456 Cisco WebEx VMs from AWS after leaving the biz, derailed 16,000 Teams accounts — The Register.
- San Jose Man Sentenced To Two Years Imprisonment For Damaging Cisco’s Network — US Department of Justice.
- Why San Francisco's network admin went rogue — InfoWorld.
- After verdict, debate rages in Terry Childs case — Computerworld.
- 'Parents are desperate'. Zoom Santas are cashing in — CNN.
- Santa Gilbert Gottfried — Cameo.
- Don't Get Scammed By Santa This Holiday Season — LAist.
- "The holidays are here and so are the scammers." — LA City Attorney on Twitter
- Apple responds to WhatsApp criticism, confirms its own apps will show privacy labels — 9to5Mac.
- Facebook's Zuckerberg again takes aim at Apple over iOS 14 ad privacy move — iMore.
- Apple Launches Privacy Labels For Apps — Silicon UK Tech News.
- Let's Crack Zodiac – Episode 1 — David Oranchak on YouTube.
- Let's Crack Zodiac – Episode 5 – The 340 Is Solved! — David Oranchak on YouTube.
- Zodiac Killer: Code-breakers solve San Francisco killer's cipher — BBC News.
- Met Opera on Demand.
- The Magic Flute (with puppets) — Met Opera on Demand.
- Akhnaten — Met Opera on Demand.
- ars Paradoxica — The Whisperforge.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.