Facebook suffers a massive (and very public) failure, Britain announces plans for counter-attacking nation states in cyberspace, and there’s a tragic story related to ransomware.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Chris Kirsch.
And don’t miss our featured interview with Attivo Network’s Carolyn Crandall.
Chris Kirsch – @chris_kirsch
- Update about the October 4th outage — Facebook Engineering.
- More details about the October 4 outage — Facebook Engineering.
- Facebook Whistleblower Says Company Chooses ‘Profits Over Safety’ All The Time — Vice.
- Inside Facebook’s Push to Defend Its Image — The New York Times.
- Conspiracy Theories About Facebook Outage Spread Even Without Facebook — Vice.
- Facebook outage: what went wrong and why did it take so long to fix after social platform went down? — The Guardian.
- A Hospital Hit by Hackers, a Baby in Distress: The Case of the First Alleged Ransomware Death — Wall Street Journal.
- Baby's Death Alleged to Be Linked to Ransomware — Threatpost.
- US unites 30 countries to disrupt global ransomware attacks — Bleeping Computer.
- Interpol urges police to unite against 'potential ransomware pandemic' — Bleeping Computer.
- More than 20,000 arrests in year-long global crackdown on phone and Internet scams — Interpol.
- Lancashire partners welcome NCF to the North West — Lancashire Enterprise Partnership
- National Cyber Force to be based in Samlesbury — BBC News.
- I Expect You To Die — Schell Games.
- Midnight Mass — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.