Germany tells consumers to stop using Kaspersky anti-virus products, OSINT reveals a secret government department (with help from an Apple AirTag), and the UK says it’s taking a hard line on dick pics.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Chris Kirsch.
Chris Kirsch – @chris_kirsch
- Kaspersky Has Close Ties to Russian Spies — Bloomberg.
- Kaspersky hit by new below-the-belt sauna spy attack — Graham Cluley.
- A practical guide to making up a sensation — Eugene Kaspersky.
- US intelligence chiefs don’t trust Kaspersky. But why? — Graham Cluley.
- UK cyber agency targets Kaspersky in warning on Russian software — Reuters.
- Group-IB founder arrested in Moscow on state treason charges — The Record.
- BSI warning about using Kaspersky.
- Kaspersky statement regarding the BSI warning — Kaspersky.
- Collateral Damage — on Cybersecurity — Open letter from Eugene Kaspersky.
- Apple's AirTag uncovers a secret German intelligence agency — Apple Insider.
- Bundesservice Telekommunikation — wie ich versehentlich eine Tarnbehörde in der Bundesverwaltung fand — Lilith Wittmann.
- Bundesservice Telekommunikation — enttarnt: Dieser Geheimdienst steckt dahinter — Lilith Wittmann.
- Loophole in law means men will still get away with sending penis pictures — Cambridgeshire Live.
- Cyberflashing to be criminalised under new online safety bill — The Independent.
- ‘Cyberflashing’ to become a criminal offence — UK Government.
- Is there hidden sexual abuse going on in your school? — TES Magazine.
- 13 genius ways to respond to unsolicited dick pics — Cosmopolitan.
- Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonald's?
- A Podcast Answers a Fast-Food Question That Nobody Is Asking — The New York Times.
- Forget Adnan and Richard Simmons, ‘Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonald’s?’ Is the Mystery-Solving Podcast You Need — Vulture.
- Cook-Out on Oculus Quest — Oculus.
- Cook-Out: A Sandwich Tale trailer — YouTube.
- 100,000 Stars.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.