A man loses $650,000 from his cryptocurrency wallet after his Apple iCloud account is hacked, video conferencing apps may not be muting your mic quite the way you imagined, and Google has unblurred military bases in Russia… or has it?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Dave Bittner – @bittner
- Domenic Iacovone on Twitter.
- Learn A Geordie Accent – Newcastle Accent Tutorial — YouTube.
- Serpent explains the scam on Twitter.
- How an Apple iCloud Exploit Lost a Crypto Trader Over $650K — CNET.
- MetaMask advises its users to check their iCloud backup settings — Twitter.
- Scam message received by Graham from his niece's Instagram account.
- 19 Places On The Planet Google Earth Is Hiding From You — Travel Triangle.
- Google denies Ukrainian reports it unblurred satellite Maps imagery in Russia — The Verge.
- Buran shuttle — Google Maps.
- 'Mute' button in conferencing apps may not actually mute your mic — Bleeping Computer.
- You’re muted — or are you? Videoconferencing apps may listen even when mic is off — University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Gerry Anderson: A Life Uncharted — BritBox.
- Gerry Anderson: A Life Uncharted trailer — YouTube.
- Bloodline — Netflix.
- Succession — HBO.
- Succession review – brilliant dissection of a dysfunctional dynasty — The Guardian.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.